The GOP candidates have become hugely impressive in debate. Informed. Able to turn attacks around and give it back even better. Crisp and detailed in laying out their positions. But Gingrich stood out. He got a standing ovation just before a commercial break. Throughout, he projected authenticity of passion. And again and again, he was original, witty, driving sharp, resonating distinctions between the GOP and the Obama administration. He may just have revived his candidacy tonight. Keep in mind, this was on a night when all were strong.
Subscribe by Email
- Review of Chris Christie RNC Keynote
- Communications Advice for Mitt Romney
- What has the long primary march gained the GOP?
- SOTU Agenda: I rule the world
- GOP Debate #1: Romney’s authenticity gap
- SC Gingrich Blowout
- SC Second Debate: Gingrich Wins Again
- In SC GOP Debate, looking for the WOW factor
- Tonight’s Presidential Address (from my column today on Hugh Hewitt.com)
Tags9/11 Add new tag Afghanistan apologies banks Berlin Wall Biden bipartisanship Bush Cheney clinton Congressional Republicans Daschle Education George W. Bush Guantanamo Harry Reid health care Hillary Clinton humor inherit Iran Iraq Joe Biden Kennedy lincoln Merrill Lynch Michael Steele Obama Pelosi Politico press conference Reagan republicans Sarah Palin Sotomayor State of the Union stimulus storytelling taxes teleprompter terrorism Twitter Wall Street Journal women